Feb 26, 2008

Lots to Share

Although I have not posted alot lately, I have been busy. There is certainly quite a few items I wanted to share. Not the least of which is that TED starts this week (Feb 27-Mar 1).

I have found their site to be the most inspiring source of information on the web and highly recommend you bookmarking it AND visiting it everyday.

This week they get together again in Monterrey as well as in Aspen and the lineup looks great as usual.

This year they are tackling some far-reaching topics;

Who are we?
What is our place in the universe?
What is life?
Is beauty truth?
Will evil prevail?
How can we change the world?
How do we create?
What's out there?
What will tomorrow bring?
What stirs us?
How dare we be optimistic?
And the point?

I know I've spent some time on each of those....Got an answer? check on the site to see what the greatest minds of our time have to say.

I got really excited thinking that I could head down to Monterrey and rub elbows with these people...but the price tag was $6,000.00 (before they sold out). Now they are selling on eBay for well over $30,000.00 a pop. That is when I found out about BIL which will be from Saturday to Sunday (March 1-2).

It's free, on the beach, during the weekend, anybody can come and share and listen AND some of the speakers from TED will be stopping by.

I think it might be worth the time to go check it out.